Monday, November 08, 2004

Random Musings

Why are Italian toilet seats square?

Why are there so many different kinds of light bulbs and electrical outlets in Italy? It's impossible to know which one you might need unless you carry the old one with you to the store to match it.

What if another volcanic eruption randomly appears under me, like when I jogging or something? The ones that produced the lava that destroyed Catania in the 1700s appeared out of nowhere here in Nicolosi. Apparently, they can appear anywhere on the mountain.






1 Comments:

At November 13, 2004 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you every chose to live in a house next to an active volcano? I'm 100% Italian and live in Kickapoo, IL and still would have chosen another location in Sicily. This blog thing is kind of neat. My 2nd heart operation on 11/12/04 went ok; now I have two pieces of metal tubing in my heart; amazing medical miracles. Thanks for your last e-mail. Hope you had a nice visit with your husband and Eva. bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home