Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why I Get Up and Go to Work

When I leave my driveway, I see the top of Etna. I live at 3,000 ft, and Etna is another 7,000 ft. high. As you can see, there is a lot of snow on it in winter.

Leaving town and heading down the volcano, I look to my left, to the east, and often see a beautiful sunrise like this with a hillock from an ancient volcanic eruption in the foreground.

All the way down, I have glimpses of the Mediteranean Sea with the rising sun shining on it. This is the Bay of Catania.

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2008 12:53 AM, Blogger Siciliamo said...

Hello Maryellen,

I apologise for replying so late and for not having provided any profile info (yet) on my Siciliamo blog.
My name is Alice, 31, a born and bred homesick Sicilian now living in Zurich, Switzerland.

Nice to meet you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home