Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Italian Class #2

I think Shana was right—Italian is fairly intuitive. I can amazed at how much more I can understand and do in just one week. The instructor said it is normal to be confused for about two months and then . . . presto! I believe I might really be able to learn this language!

Some fun phrases for the day:

Che sbaglio! (What a mistake!)

E’ strano! (Strange!)

Ci sono. (I’ve got it.)

Certo. (Certainly)

Madonna mia! Or Mama mia! (Good grief!)

E’ pazzesco’! (It’s crazy, incredible!)

Noi siamo in confusione. (I’m in a confused state.)

Sono confusa. (I’m confused)

Que scemo! (How stupid!)

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2004 1:50 AM, Blogger Joe Miner said...

Che sbaglio! (What a mistake!)

The one I love to hear the instructor say after a long explanation which was about as clear as mud :

Non può sbagliarsi! (One can't go wrong!)

It is equivalent to my physics prof saying :
"It should be intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers."

One neat thing about Che sbaglio! is it gives you practice with two new phonetic sounds, sba & gli.
So work on that one, it will pay dividends.

Leo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home