Thursday, April 17, 2008

Greek Temples by Night

Over spring break, I again was able to visit Agrigento and the Greek temples. They have finished all work on them at the moment, and they look great! My new Olympus SP-55OUZ did a spectacular job with the temples of Concord (above) and Hera (below) at night from my hotel room at the Colleverde Park Hotel. I used no special settings at all, just set the camera on a little table-top tripod on the windowsill!

I highly recommend this hotel, which is small but elegant and perfectly located for a view of the temples at night. They are moderately priced and also have a very nice restaurant as well as great service.

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2008 6:09 PM, Blogger David Brown said...

Simply beautiful! You should go into postcard photography when you retire! You could make a fortune!

 
At April 17, 2008 8:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I am with David on this one, these pictures are gorgeous. Nice work Maryellen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home