Monday, June 16, 2008

Two Three-Legged Sicilian Cats












I am referring, of course, to my cats--Pete and Repeat, above left and right. Yes, they are still around after almost four years and pretty much thriving. A Sicilian friend here has called them "the luckiest cats in Sicily." I don't know about that, because I do make them live outside most of the time; however, they seem to like it that way. They only want to come in to eat and visit a little each day. They have a double-fenced and gated yard which is safe for them and a great hunting ground for lizards, tiny rodents, grasshoppers, and an occasional bird. I am a little worried because they seem to be getting more and more "crooked" due to their three-legged status. Unfortunately, do not have an extra $10,000 to have prostheses made for them at that fancy clinic in the States. :-(















Anyway, this entry got started because Kendra's daughter Sarah is visiting her mom here in Sicily for a few weeks. She is now about to enter her junior year in college in Michigan. She was the one who held the kittens the day we found them and brought them to my house. We decided to try and recreate the original photo from that day. Pete and Repeat were having NO part of being held quietly in Sarah's lap, though!

4 Comments:

At June 18, 2008 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, I love all their poses!

 
At August 13, 2008 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally unrelated, but...I have just moved to Sicily (Nicolosi) from London, and I feel that it is my duty to point you in the direction of the Macelleria Paone on the outskirts of Nicolosi (Belpasso side'ish)...they have fantastic meat, especially involtini with things like gorgonzola in them...give it a try.

 
At September 12, 2008 6:44 PM, Blogger Liquidflavor said...

where have you gone? I've been reading this blog for a while because it's my dream to move to Siracusa. Miss your postings!

 
At September 17, 2008 6:56 PM, Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

They're so cute!

Hope all is well with you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home